What to expect when you’re expecting.
Led by Roshini
This class is held by registered physiotherapist, Roshini from Bend and Mend Physio. This is an interactive class that will address issues such as the pelvic floor, exercise during and after pregnancy, the importance of a post-natal check and the changes that occur in your body during pregnancy.
Topics covered in the session:
- Pelvic Floor Anatomy
- How the body changes through pregnancy
- Common musculoskeletal complaints and how to treat them
- Benefits and precautions of exercise through pregnancy
- Pre-natal pelvic floor assessment
- Preparing the body for labour
- Post-natal pelvic floor assessment
- Exercise for pelvic floor and abdominal separation
- Common concerns about the pelvic floor
- Returning to exercise after baby
- Intimacy and changes post-natal