Led by Julia Schwarz
This class is held by registered physiotherapist, Julia Schwarz. It is designed to help you understand and manage the musculoskeletal changes and give you simple strategies to help manage hormonal changes and common physical discomforts in pregnancy.
The session will address:
- Hormonal changes that cause changes to ligaments, muscles, postural changes and the spine
- How to manage and avoid common complaints in pregnancy such as lower and mid back, rib and sacroiliac pain, sciatica, pubic symphysis, neck pain and headaches
- Pelvic floor anatomy and developmental changes and hormonal effects of Pregnancy on the pelvic floor and postnatal care, prolapse and caesarean section
- How and why to exercise during and after pregnancy
- Sacroiliac joint in pregnancy and postnatally
- Signs of a weak pelvic floor
- Common physical discomforts in pregnancy; heart burn, increased heart rate, breathlessness, carpal tunnel syndrome, oedema in feet and hands, leg cramps, rectus separation, round ligament pain, sleeping positions, fatigue, tiredness
- Physio specific exercises that are safe in pregnancy for pelvic floor, core, back pain.