What to expect when you’re expecting.
Led by Shanice Gabriel
This class is held by registered physiotherapist, Shanice Gabriel. This is an interactive class that will address issues such as the pelvic floor, exercise during and after pregnancy, the importance of a post-natal check and the changes that occur in your body during pregnancy.
Topics covered in the session:
- Changes to our bodies during pregnancy
- What happens? SIJ dysfunction, pubic joint pain, Abdominal separation, Pelvic floor changes
- Why does it occur – hormones, changes in centre of gravity
- How can physiotherapy help?
- Exercise during pregnancy
- What exercise is safe?
- When can I start exercising?
- How to prepare our bodies for birth
- Labour positioning
- Exercises to do during labour
- Changes to my body After I give birth
- Pelvic floor changes
- Abdominal separation
- When to start exercising
- Why is a physiotherapy check-up after birth so important?